CURRENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
ASSOCIATE – INVESTOR SERVICES
ASSOCIATE – INVESTOR SERVICES
The Associate – Investor Services provides support to the Investor Services (IS) and Business Development (BD) teams. This role will interact with investors and prospects on a regular basis and requires a professional demeanor, strong work ethic and exceptional customer service. This role supports all aspects of the fundraising cycle and investor service, including subscription processing, investor communications and reporting, and client servicing.
- Assist Director of Investor Services in developing processes for investor operations.
- Assist with fielding incoming emails and calls from investors, responding to meeting and information requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist with managing investor communications including delivery of tax documents, subscription and closing documents, and property or fund updates.
- Assist investors and intermediaries with completing subscription documents, funding of capital calls, transfers, or other maintenance items as needed.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a data room for prospective investor documents.
- Maintain and update CRM system to track investor interactions, status of commitments, and documents (PPMs, subscriptions, etc.) and design/print ad hoc reports, as directed.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and execution of investor events, including regional investor events and Annual Investor Conference.
- Assist with creation and distribution of quarterly investor reporting.
- Assist in various department and general office projects.
- Work with third parties including transfer agent, fund administrator and custodians to assist with fund purchases, tender offers and distributions.
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extremely detail-oriented with reliable follow-through to deliver quality work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a clear ability to effectively collaborate with other departments and professionals – inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently and achieve results, as well as contribute as part of a team.
- Strong project management skills, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience planning and executing high-touch events.
- Ability to thrive in a high-velocity workplace, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with CRM system(s) and an understanding of the relevant investor reporting requirements.
- Capacity to discretely handle highly-confidential and sensitive information.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a desire to create personalized investor experiences.
- Highly self-motivated with a proactive, entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and work under pressure.
EDUCATION + TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration; or equivalent prior work experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in an investor relations department.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience in financial services, specifically investment funds, real estate equity and debt products a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce, Juniper Square, Sharefile and/or DocuSign preferred.
To perform this job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service: Displays courtesy and sensitivity; manages difficult or emotional customer situations; meets commitments; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Achievement Focus: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on good opportunities; sets and achieves challenging goals; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communications: Exhibits good listening and comprehension; expresses ideas and thoughts well in written form; expresses ideas and thoughts well verbally; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions; supports and explains reasons for decisions.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests
- Cooperation: Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner; establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works actively to resolve conflicts; works cooperatively in group situations.
- Problem-Solving: Develops alternative solutions; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; identifies problems in a timely manner; resolves problems in early stages; works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Analytical: Collects and researches data; designs workflows and procedures; identifies data relationships and dependencies; synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
In addition to the above job-specific competencies, all Forum employees are expected to demonstrate these Forum core competencies:
- Adaptability: Accepts criticism and feedback; accustomed to a culture of rapid and constant change and easily adjusts to changing priorities and conditions; manages competing demands.
- Innovation: Develops innovative approaches and ideas; displays original thinking and creativity; generates suggestions for improving work; meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Collaboration: Recognizes and cultivates strong interpersonal relationships and cross-functional collaborations; generates value and uses motivation to influence and create change; seeks not to control but to inspire; facilitates dissemination and sharing of knowledge and information.
- Accountable: Keeps and follows-through on commitments; readily takes ownership of achieving results by exhibiting responsibility and initiative; displays open, proactive communication that builds trust.
- Initiative: Asks for help when needed; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; undertakes self-development activities; volunteers readily.
- Respectful: Displays integrity and honesty; maintains professional demeanor and composure in tense situations; exhibits fairs and generous behavior; readily owns up to mistakes and admits when wrong; strives to “get it right”; displays loyalty even when tough to do so.
Compensation Information: The base salary range for this position is $45,000 – $85,000. This range is estimated for this role. Actual pay may be different.
If you are interested in this role, please submit the following:
Resume and cover note detailing why you are the right candidate for this dynamic role.
Our Core Values:
TOP 10 TRAITS OF A FORUM TEAM MEMBER:
PERKS + BENEFITS:
Life moves fast at Forum. Here’s how we do our part to make sure our people are happy, healthy, well-rounded and well-supported.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision
- Basic Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Basic Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Yoga Classes
- Fully-Stocked Kitchen
- Massages & Acupuncture
- Health & Wellness Allowance
- Peer Thrive Program