Sees the big picture.
Loves a challenge.
Moves one step ahead of everyone else.
Seizes new opportunities.
Creative and open-minded.
Can swivel on a dime.
Plays well with others.
Brings it. Owns it.
Obsessed with every detail.
ASSISTANT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER – DEVELOPMENT
Responsible for managing and monitoring development project controls. Works with Senior Manager and internal stakeholders as well as outside consultants and third-party management companies to oversee Forum development projects. Implements strategies for best methods to ensure consistency across Forum projects and expectations for quality, craftsmanship and design. This role takes the lead on monitoring job costs, evaluating change orders and representing the Owner at meetings with contractors and architects. Requires a detail oriented, self-starter who loves digging in and analyzing the numbers behind a development project that help drive key decisions and deliver the best Forum product.
- Help create, manage, and maintain project budgets and cost controls
- Track owner upgrades and finishes against budget line items
- Prepare project performance reports and monthly project progression updates
- Run/ participate in weekly owner, architect, contractor construction meetings
- Be a voice in the strategic planning phases of upcoming projects
- Evaluate emerging building technologies. Provide analysis to Development Team as potential implementation on Forum projects
- Assist in providing Quality Assurance monitoring of the general contractor and all consultants during construction process
- FFE (furniture, fixture & equipment) development of bid package, procurement/vendor selection, and installation.
Coordination with and oversight of architect to ensure all FFE scope is covered
No direct reports; however, this role interacts closely with the entire team and may be asked to lead and manage projects involving other team members.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly organized and skilled at prioritization and time management
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in performance
- Highly self-motivated individual, able to work independently
- Adaptable, able to quickly respond to changing conditions and requirements without missing a beat
- Effective problem-solver, able to quickly assess a situation and provide new, creative solutions
- Proactively and independently gather information and answers in order to facilitate and execute duties
- Strong grasp of project management principles
- Team player, able to collaborate and pitch in to get the job done
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet project deadlines
- Complex problem-solving skills are also a necessity for handling critical owner decisions that surface during the construction process
- Proven experience in managing the necessary project financial controls to ensure costs are current and accurate
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) – comfortable writing content for contracts and agreements
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking; numerically literate, comfortable
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or construction management
- 2-4 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written – with a command of English language, grammar and creating content
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project
- Ability to read project drawings and specifications